Thursday, July 29, 2010

Heart Palpitations and Micro Massage

So, Ive now been home from Thailand for around six weeks. Still feeling great - I remain off coffee and grains and am eating minimal dairy, usually its just some yoghurt I eat, or, if I feel like a coffee shop experience, Il have a mocha - I have to drink mocha because the taste of cows milk is just too hideous - however, a mocha with cows milk sure beats having soy milk!

My new drink of choice is still cocoa - which i sometimes mix with bitter, block chocolate and or some decaf coffee, for that mocha experience (yummm) - but these I make with just water, or with coconut milk. And as a point of interest on the coconut milk front - actually, the 'lite' stuff is a lot better in drinks than regular coconut milk, and coconut cream.. well, it made me feel a bit sick when I had it this week :( that was in a mocha though, maybe its just a case of 'some things should never be mixed'!

so, i started getting some heart irregularities, nothing that would alarm and think Im about to go into cardiac arrest, but enough for me to notice.. this has been happening for the last few weeks, but i guess I really noticed it in the last week - which has also been when Ive been 'hammering' black tea (listened to a great podcast on tea by 'Dr Tea'). Could it be that im actually super sensitive to caffeine? and could it be that I was even back in the day when I was drinking up to ... ?? six cups a day? My doctor, in Thailand, has requested I get some more thyroid testing done, and that i stop ALL caffeine products in the meantime. Thats been a little tricky, cos i know theres caffeine in chocolate, so im more like 'weaning' the amount of cocoa back, but i have dropped right back on tea - and if I do have it, I steep the bag first, empty that, and then drink from the second steep of the bag - less caffeine then. (thanks for the tip Dr Tea!)

Other than emailing my doctor in Thailand, I (of course) opted to get acupuncture, without a doubt its my first port of call. Im staying at my sisters place, unfamiliar territory, so did a search - and found someone nearby. I called him and had, in my head, that Id get regular ol' acupuncture. But, this guy doesnt do that! He doesnt use needles.. oh!? yes, thats right.. tell me more!! what he does is called “yuen t’chien” or “blunt-tipped needle” (“round-headed needle”) developed in Vietnam 1,000 years ago. It is part of the acupuncture therapy known as micro massage. The instruments do not pierce the skin.
This has not been a well known or popular technique in our time as it is labour-intensive compared with needle and electronic acupuncture; also, no instruments have been available and it does require a certain amount of concentration (and insight).

He offered me a time for a treatment, and I did have intial 'resistance' so, I took that as a sign that i needed to go, to open my mind and try something different.

And here I am now, after two treatments (a day in between) and I feel a lot better! So my first time to him, I had been awake the night before with these heart beats that 'racked' my body, and while he went on to treat thyroid points, the second consultation he treated me for 'empty liver'. That first treatment I felt work within about 1 minute, amazing! and I felt very relaxed afterwards. That night, I was asleep by 2130 - which sure as hell beats the regular 0100 type stuff!
And yesterday, the empty liver treatment. During that treatment, I was astounded to see - a dark circle form on the roof above me, and develop into a lotus flower. It was purple and I could see individual petals, such was the detail! I have 'seen' things before, but this was a nice surprise - very clear, very colorful and totally a 3rd eye thing.

The heavy heart beats stayed away, but I was still getting palpitations, and when I went to bed I was still noticing them. dam!! Then I remembered, Im trained in 'theta healing' so why not try? I very rarely use it, it seems to be another learnt modality of mine that gets 'stored' in the back recesses of my healer-side. So, I started the treatment on myself, and watched, very clearly, some 'work' being done on my heart, and I could 'feel' it working.. I think, with the detoxing Ive done, and the work on myself - dietary, emotional, physical and spiritually - Im getting very 'clear' again and this self-theta treatment was proof. yay!

That was last night, and off I went to sleep - and today? Im not getting them, Im back to normal!

oh, and the guy that treated me looked like an englishman whose just stepped inside from the horse racing yard, really!! But what a gentle, educated man. And I came away with two qi-kung exercises to practicse, for anytime of day or night, bonus!!

It is onwards and upwards I head, to keep learning and practising those gifts that enable me to grow spiritually, mentally and emotionally - and in the meantime, Il take care of the physical aspects!

Kia Kaha

No comments:

Post a Comment